Point Builder® | Honeywell TPS Exception Build (EB) Files | Instrument Databases | Microsoft Access®, Oracle®, Paradox® databases, DBase files, Microsoft Excel® spreadsheets, SQL Server® | HTML Files | Text Files | Custom Configuration Tools | Custom Reporting Tools | Custom Configuration Data Collection Front End Tools (data collected from customers to support the configuration process)
Data Transfer provides you with all the tools to use your TPS Builder application more effectively while dramatically reducing the Engineering time and costs.
• Personal Computer with a Pentium 100 or higher processor. • Minimum 64 MB of memory • VGA or higher-resolution monitor; Super VGA recommended. • Microsoft Mouse, Microsoft IntelliMouses, or compatible pointing device. • 15 MB of disk space for application installation. Other data storage requirements will vary depending on its use. • Microsoft Windows NT® version 4.0 with Service Pack 4 plus any hot fixes for Y2K compliance. • Win95/Win98 operating systems are not supported. • MDAC 2.1 (Microsoft Data Access Components) are provided as part of this install. • Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.0
Download the Data Transfer application product:
This maintenance release download is for licensed users of Data Transfer. You can also evaluate the Data Transfer application using this maintenance release download. The installed trial license will give you 7-days of restricted engineering usage. It is recommended that you download and install all maintenance releases as they become available. Contact AST at email@example.com or phone 505-504-1983 to obtain a permanent license for the Data Transfer application.
AST has provided ready to use Project Links, which can be downloaded and installed in your Data Transfer application. You must have a permanent Data Transfer license to download and install the Project Links. Click the link below to register for the downloaded Project Link. When you register, you will be sent via email a serial number to use when installing the Project Link.
05/14/02 HiwayGatewayPL.exe 0.7 MB Notes Version 1.90.002 Hiway Gateway Conversion Project Link
Data Transfer requires licensing on the installed Workstation to continue executing beyond its initial trial period.
New users of Data Transfer that have received the product through Honeywell Software Distribution are required to participate in this licensing process. When the product is first installed, by default it will run with a 7-10 day trial period. You are required to complete the licensing process within this period.
AST wants to assure that you have properly installed TPS Builder and Data Transfer applications and that both are the most recent releases. When contacting AST for a permanent license, you will be asked to participate in a short phone consultation at which time AST can provide valuable training and tips on using the products including:
1. Discussion on how to setup your TPS Builder Project repositories 2. Installation and usage of the Hiway Migration Project Link
This consultation is free and is intended to provide Engineers with a quick start in using these products so that they can immediately become productive. AST provides onsite training for customers upon request.
It is very simple to license the Data Transfer product permanently for your installed Workstation as follows:
1. When executing the Data Transfer application, a small window will appear indicating the current license status. Press the [Enter] key when this window appears to display the License Configuration.
2. The value that is displayed as the Site Code is unique to your Workstation. You must copy this value to an email attachment and indicate that it is the Site Code. You can use Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V to copy and paste this value into an email attachment.
3. Send this Site Code along with the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org a - Customer Name and Address b - Honeywell Master SID c - Contact Name and Phone Number d - Honeywell Model Number used to purchase Data Transfer
4. AST will return a Site Key within 24-hours of receipt of this information by return email.
5. When you have received your Site key execute the following procedure: a. Execute the Data Transfer application and press the [Enter] key when the license window appears. b. Copy the Site Key received from AST into the Site Key edit window. You can use Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V from the email to copy this Site Key. c. Click the Validate button to validate the Site Key. c. Continue execution of the Data Transfer application.
6. Each time Data Transfer is executed, it will verify the licensing for the Workstation. If the licensing is valid, it will indicate that you have an unlimited license.
Transferring Your License To Another Workstation
The License Configuration window that is displayed when Data Transfer is executed allows you to also transfer your License Key to another Workstation. You can follow the procedure using the Help documentation by clicking the menu item Site Help - Licensing this program... and following the topic Moving a License.
It is recommended that if you require moving your license to another Workstation, that you simply follow the procedure for killing a license and sending the confirmation code back to AST along with the new Site Code from the new Workstation installation. You have a trial period when installing the Data Transfer application on the new Workstation, which allows you to continue your Engineering efforts while waiting for the new Site Key from AST, which will be within 24-hours of receipt of the killed license confirmation code and the new Workstation Site Code.